AtThe Midwife Group, Women’s Health and Birth Center, we offer various classes to help expectant and new mothers and their families. You can sign up for our Birth Class or Breastfeeding Class today, or head on over to the Events page for more information on events and classes happening now!
This “All in One session” Birth Class is for couples expecting their first baby or parents that need a refresher. This class encompasses all aspects of the anatomy and physiology of birth, coping skills and what to expect.
Since this class is so intensive, we ask no children, please. This particular class is recommended 1-2 months prior to your baby’s due date. This is a non-refundable registration fee (unless true emergency) and will secure your place in the class. All instructional materials and snacks will be provided at your class. This class is open to the community.
- Fee: $30.00 per couple.
- To register: midwifestore.com/shop/birth-class/
This class is taught by Helen Pastures, Board-Certified Lactation Consultant with Latch Breastfeeding Support (click here for more info). It encompasses all facets of breastfeeding to include advantages, anatomy and physiology of the breast, techniques, troubleshooting, and practical advice.
Both parents are encouraged to attend. The class is the 4th Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Fee: $30 due at registration
- The class is held at 460 Mall Blvd, Oglethorpe Professional Plaza, (office of Dr. Ramos) Savannah, Ga.
- To register: Please call 912-306-4619 with name and e-mail address to register.
Glossary of Terms
- Click here
Baby’s Brain Development
- National Organization for Circumcision Information Resource Center
- Circumcision Resource Center
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Child Safety/Car Seat Safety
- General Depression
- Post-Partum Depression
- Post-Partum Depression
- Post-Partum Support International
- Post-Partum Depression.org
- Evidence Based Birth
- Improving Birth
- Coalition for Improving Maternity Services
- Childbirth Connection
Exercise During Pregnancy
- ACOG – Exercise During Pregnancy and the Postpartum Period
- Physical Activity for Everyone- Guidelines: Healthy Pregnant or Postpartum Women
- Exercise During Pregnancy(pdf)
Food, Water and Product Safety
Medications & More During Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Nitrous Oxide In Labor
Optimal Fetal Positioning
Pregnancy and Birth
Vitamin K Injection After Birth
We have taken the time to review the following websites as credible and excellent sources of information. Please note though that we do not endorse all information on these sites. Local referrals and resources can be provided, individually and at need.